A cookie is a small alpha-numeric archive stored on the hard disk or browser of a computer, tablet, smartphone or similar device when browsing the Internet.
Cookies allow us to provide relevant information about our products and services and to give you a more friendly experience, tailored to your preferences and interests when you browse our site.
Refusing or disabling cookies can make some websites impossible or extremely difficult to use. At the same time, refusing or disabling cookies does not mean that you will no longer receive online advertising – but only that it will no longer be able to take into account your preferences and interests, evidenced by your browsing behavior.
Examples of important uses of cookies (which do not require user authentication through an account):
- Content and services adapted to the user’s preferences – categories of news, weather, sports, maps, public and government services, entertainment sites and travel services.
- Offers adapted to the interests of users – password retention, language preferences (Ex: displaying search results in Romanian).
- Retaining child protection filters on Internet content (family mode options, safe search functions).
- Limiting the frequency of ad serving – limiting the number of times an ad is displayed for a particular user on a site.
- Providing more relevant advertising to the user.
- Measurement, optimization and analytics features – such as confirming a certain level of traffic on a website, what kind of content is viewed and how a user reaches a website (eg through direct search engines, from other websites etc.). The websites carry out these analyzes of their use to improve the websites for the benefit of the users.
Most of the cookies we use are analytical , counting users, helping us understand how to navigate our site and helping to improve the way the site works, for example, making the results more accurate for searches.
Our site uses Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how visitors use this site and to detect possible navigation problems. Google Analytics stores information about the pages visited, the duration of site navigation, the way the site was accessed and the sections accessed within the pages. No personal information is stored other than general IPs, therefore, this information cannot be used for user identification.
If you would like to find out more about how Google uses and collects this data, please visit the link at www.google.com .
We also use certain cookies for advertising purposes , so that we can more efficiently manage the presentation of our products on other platforms where users can request services, such as Facebook.
None of our cookies store personal information such as your name or postal address. Please note that the restriction of cookies can have an impact on some features of the Solid Consult Time SRL website – www.solidconsult.ro
What kind of cookies do we use?
Depending on the type of organization that manages them:
- Cookies owned by Solid Consult Time SRL: installed by our own site.
- Third-party cookies : installed by websites that are not part of the visited solidconsult.ro website.
For example, if we include content from YouTube on its own website or buttons that users can use to share content on social networks, a user accessing such content on their own site may have a cookie – added from these third parties.
Solid Consult Time SRL does not control these third-party cookies and, therefore, the user must review the cookie policies of these websites for further information.
Depending on the time period , they remain active in the user’s system:
- Session cookies : Collects and stores data only while the user visits the website.
- Persistent cookies : they remain stored on a computer and can be accessed and managed by the organization responsible for the cookie for a certain period of time or until the user deletes it.
Depending on the purpose for which the data is collected through cookies:
- Technical cookies : allow the user to use different options that he facilitates: for example, traffic control and data communication, identifying a session, accessing restricted areas, making a purchase, requesting a subscription or attending an event, etc.
- Personalization cookies : allow the user to access services with certain personalized features, such as language, browser type, configuration for the region from which the user accesses the services, etc.
- Analytical cookies : allow website managers to track and analyze the behavior of users on a website so that they can improve information by analyzing data on the use of the site by the users of its services.
- Advertising cookies : allow the management of the advertising spaces that the web publisher has included on a website where services are offered, based on criteria such as the type of content or the frequency with which the content is displayed.
Cookies are not viruses. They use plain text formats. They are not made up of pieces of code so they cannot be executed nor can they self-run. Consequently, you cannot duplicate or replicate on other networks to run or replicate again. Because they cannot perform these functions, they cannot be considered viruses.
Disabling and refusing to receive cookies may make certain sites (including ours) impractical or difficult to visit and use. Also, refusing to accept cookies does not mean that you will no longer receive / see online advertising.
It is possible to set in the browser so that these cookies are no longer accepted or you can set the browser to accept cookies from a particular site. But, for example, if you are not registered using cookies, you will not be able to leave comments.
All modern browsers offer the ability to change cookie settings. These settings are usually found in „options” or in the „preferences” menu of your browser.